About Beachcombers Henna From Jody
I had to learn henna the hard way...through years of trial and error. This is why I work hard to make Beachcombers henna easy for everyone. I personally select the products in our henna kits and write the henna design books & henna instructions to make henna simple and fun. The instructions including the henna design book that comes with our henna kits are designed to be clear and easy to understand. Spreading the henna-word is important to me, so I teach henna workshops throughout the year on both the art and science of henna.
Anyone can do henna! Really! The more you do henna the better you'll get and the darker your henna stains will get, so start practicing!
If you are a henna beginner, one of our henna starter kits are for you! The starter kits are designed to give you henna product along with all the henna accessories you need. This means once you purchase your henna starter kit and play around with it, all you have to re-order is the henna itself. You already have all the henna tools and accessories!
More Fun Facts About Henna
- Henna was originally used to cool the body in the desert! Nomadic tribes would cover the palms of their hands and the soles of their feet with henna. As long as they had color, their body temperature was lower. Henna is still used for this today!
- Henna is technically a permanent stain. The henna itself doesn't fade away, your skin cells exfoliate off, thus "fading" your henna. A typical henna tattoo will have good color for 5-10 days and will be completely gone in 1-3 weeks.
- Henna tattoo stains start off an orange color and slowly darken to a brown-red color over a couple of days.
- Henna is said to bring good luck and blessings to both the person getting henna and the person giving henna. Give it a try, and you will feel the positive energy that is packed into henna.
- Cleopatra used henna to beautify herself!