We only offer body art quality henna (BAQ) with absolutely no additives. All of our henna powders are safe for both skin and hair use.
Below are some of the henna varieties we offer, though not everything is necessarily available at any given time. ORa henna and Jamila henna are our standard hennas and are normally always available. If they are occasionally out of stock, they are normally back in stock within 30 days.
Henna is a crop, and as such, availability and quality can differ based on the specific crop year. We are constantly sampling and testing different types of henna, and offer the best available options.
Henna Crop YearBAQ henna is harvested once a year.
Properly stored, unopened powder henna can last 3 years or more. If you find a crop year you really like, buy extra!
- Pakistani henna (Jamila) is generally available near the end of summer.
- Indian (ORa) henna is generally available in the late fall.
Below is information on our current henna powders.
ORa Henna (Organic Rajasthani Henna)
2021 Crop *The Current Henna in all our Kits*
Our house brand henna powder, ORa is a spectacular power and is my personal recommendation for both beginners and professionals. It's my personal favorite and the henna I use on my clients.
- 6-24 Hour Dye Release with Lemon Juice (12 hours is the norm)
- Dark Staining Henna
- Extra High Lawsone Content (2.83)
- Stringy texture with a touch of grit
- Excellent Stickiness (to the skin)
- Good Sift
- Very Stable
- Slow blooming stain (day 3 and 4 are the darkest color)
- Early Winter Harvest Henna
- USDA Certified Organic by Ecocert
Certification # ORG/SC/1810/002196
BAQ Jamila Henna (Pakistani Henna)
Jamila henna is the most well-known professional-grade henna powder, due to it's wonderful sift and creamy consistency. It has been around for many years and consistently offers good color.
- 18-32 Hour Dye Release with Lemon Juice (24 hours is the norm)
- High Lawsone Content (2.7)
- Super Creamy Texture (benefits from adding sugar)
- Excellent Triple Sift (best sift in the industry)
- Very Stable
- Late Summer Harvest Henna
Ready Made Henna Paste
If it were my choice, everyone would mix their own henna from our fresh powder. The best possible color can be obtained from mixing your own paste, and you can control the texture for your personal preferences.
Despite that, I understand mixing your own henna is not practical for everyone, so I have worked hard to bring you a quality ready made henna paste.
Our ready made henna paste is made especially for us and is flash frozen, then shipped express to us. As soon as it arrives to us, it’s checked for quality and stored in our in-house freezers. We put serious effort into offering a ready-to-use henna paste that is as fresh as possible, while still containing all natural ingredients and absolutely NO harmful chemicals.Beachcombers' Henna Paste Ingredients
Henna paste must be stored frozen.
- Pure Henna Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Tea Tree Oil and Clove Bud Oil
- Xantam Gum (sugar)
- Sorbic Acid
Consider one of our henna kits that contain BOTH paste and powder, so you can try them both out.Buy Henna Paste Here